Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day #6

It's no use to think of my life
as a tree - all the ways it could go,
every choice or decision as a fork
in a branch, all those paths
all those things that could happen
differently, and so every day determining
where my life will lead.
It's no use, since I can't time travel
or world hop, I cannot meet every
version of myself and pick the one
I'd like to be. I'm all I've got.
This life will only travel one
zigzaggy path full of sadnesses
and missed opportunities, bad luck,
coincidences, tiny miracles and things
I cannot yet imagine.


I wrote this poem last month when I was going crazy thinking "What if?" and it helped a lot. Things I cannot yet imagine :)
Kelia

2 comments:

  1. Took a while to find this video. Reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fmiKOOvLUo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cool! I loved that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete