Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day #11

Another journal poem, and one where I started out saying something and ended up discovering something completely different that I hadn't realized. Not the best, but I'm very attached to this one. I think it could be edited better, (does it seem awkward going suddenly from the 'someone' to calling that person 'you'?) but I'm not sure how. (Written April 2011)

I've felt so very young of late
too young to be here by myself
(though I'm not yet, I will soon be)
too young to brave the world just yet.
I feel so young, especially
when I'm around that someone too
sometimes it's fine, we laugh and joke
sometimes I try so hard to be
an older me, or try to say
the perfect thing to draw you out
but I just fail and feel so young
and strange inside, I'm not enough
when I'm with you but only since
I wanted to be and all this
makes my head spin round
maybe it would be best if I
had never had that thought since now
the times when I'm not trying are
the times you make me laugh.


Kelia

No comments:

Post a Comment