Thursday, April 26, 2012

An attempt

For a while I've had the idea of starting a daily blog for my writing. I'm not expecting anyone to read this, but since it is the internet I'm going to have to like everything that I put on here. Which means I'll actually have to edit it! I almost never edit, every time I write a poem I usually go 'eh' and leave it. So maybe this will help with that. I'll be posting short stories too, or bits of my ongoing story. Be warned, most of my poems are like journal entries for me, so they're overly dramatic and don't make a lot of sense. So here goes! We'll see how long this experiment actually lasts :)

To start, a poem I wrote in October after a long day of driving.

My thoughts are the lights
pulling me home, streams of red
and glowing blinkers
and the trail of yellow
eyes whizzing slowly by
the white dots are my lifeline
without them I would disappear
into the road, the darkness,
and the night that does not
ever end.

Kelia

4 comments:

  1. I love the last few lines of the poem, where you say: "without them I would disappear into the road, the darkness, and the night that does not ever end". :D

    I'm so glad to see that you have finally found a
    space for your writing! Since WR is no longer being updated regularly, I've missed seeing it. :)
    You're a braver soul than I, I've wanted to make a space like this online, but during the school year I rarely have the time. As it is, I haven't had a proper blog post in weeks! (or months...)

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D I was so tired when I wrote this, I'm glad it came out decent.

    Haha we'll see how brave I am! It's quite scary putting it up here for everyone to see. I'm going to be very selective with what I do post. Aww I miss WR so much!!
    You're always so busy, that's definitely understandable! I think just putting up little bits of writing will be easier to do than whole personal posts.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand from "glowing blinkers... ...slowly by". I appreciate the imagery/metaphor of the lights and your life.

    I enjoy commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it doesn't make much sense :P but the trail of yellow eyes whizzing slowly by was describing the never ending line of lights going the opposite way.

    Good :) thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete