Thursday, December 27, 2012

100 poems

For many years now, one of my new year goals has been to write 100 poems. Usually I get to 70 or 80, but I can never seem to hit a hundred. This year, though, I did.

I realized in the fall that if I wrote a certain amount of poems each month, I'd easily hit a hundred. I think the reason I was able to do it so easily this year was because I kept writing in the summer, which is usually when I slack off the most. I wrote 10 poems in both July and August, instead of a normal three or four. 

And last night I wrote my 100th poem! It's not the best, but I'm posting it anyway.

Poems can capture many things,
but some things they can't touch.
There is no way to sum up
these past days, no words
will bring back floods of memories
like hearing Falling Slowly--
nothing can bring smiles like
silly faces, grinning, laughter--
and no written scene can conjure up
the peace of reading in cafes
with lovely, lovely sisters.

In other news, The Hobbit was good, and Les Miserables (which I went to see Christmas night with my sisters) was AMAZING. I loved it so much, and I want to see it again.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Kelia

No comments:

Post a Comment